OpenTX 2.3.3RC2 Improving your Tx
We are happy to bring you the release version of OpenTX 2.3.3RC2, with support for the production version of Jumper T16, Jumper T12 Pro and FrSky X7 ACCESS radios!
PLEASE NOTE the following important information before hastily jumping on it: Please back up your models and settings before upgrading so that you can go back to your previous version should you not like 2.3 or find issues that make it unsuitable for you. Use the “backup radio to file” companion feature for this to have an exact copy of what was on your radio.
The manual has not yet updated to include all Horus documentation/OpenTX 2.3 changes, so get yourself a good coffee to wake up, and refer to the the great communities for help e.g. openrcforums here, RCGroups and threads like this one. You can pop in our chat room where other users and/or devs may be available.
Companion supports reading and writing Horus firmware when the radio is powered off and then connected to USB, using dfu-util and the libusb drivers installed by Zadig, exactly like for the Taranis. See the “Flashing your Taranis Radio” section in this manual. Companion can back up existing firmware (see note below in known issues) including the stock FrSky one (save as .bin), and can flash the FrSky DFU bootloader so that no other tool and/or driver swapping is needed. You might need to disable the “Check hardware compatibility” checkbox in the flashing dialog.
SD card contents can be found here. Download the correct archive for your radio type, extract it to the root of an empty SD card and you’ll have all needed files. Please note that all existing OpenTX sound packs that where designed for 2.2 or earlier won’t work due to changes in the naming strategy, so you’ll likely want to use those that are included in this archive until popular 3rd-party packs are adapted.
OpenTX does not touch the internal flash of production Horus radios. Its contents do not need to be backed up and are not accessible in any way when OpenTX firmware is loaded.
- Companion now offers assistance for model conversion from one radio type to another. The transferred models NEED to be completely checked and validation before being used, as some things like switches assignments may not get converted properly. The proper way to transfer models form one radio to the other is to: Select a profile for the destination radio, read the settings from the destination radio, open the source file or read the source radio, drag models onto the destination radio’s window, write destination radio.
- If you get an “Invalid Language” error when trying to download firmware after upgrading from 2.1 open the profile settings and reselect your radio type, even if it is already correct.
- The progress bar in companion when reading firmware from a Horus is broken and will reach 100% at only 25% progress. Just wait, the window will close when the process is finished.
Download and install Companion and use it to retrieve and transfer the latest OpenTX firmware to your radio after configuring the proper radio type.
NIGHTLY USERS You will need to reset your companion release type to Release candidate to get RC firmware (Companion/Settings/settings/Application Settings/Release channel)
New since 2.3.3RC1
- Align MULTI option values across UI sizes
- Allow MULTI dsm users to disable RSSI warning and not get noticed on boot
- Colorlcd radios : bootloader versions in now displayed
- Colorlcd radios : fix background color not working introduce in 2.3.2
- Colorlcd radios : fine font improvement (up and down arrows)
- Colorlcd radios : upgrade Batt widget
- All radios : fix an issue when USB connection is done while radio sd logs are running
- All radios : fix jumping values in MULTI options
- X10 Express : fix possible emergency mode after bootloader flash
- Improve X9E shutdownconfim option
- Add upcomming X7 ACCESS radio support
- Companion : add Russian UI
- Jumper T16 (all variants, with or without internal MULTI module)
- Jumper T12 Pro (with internal MULTI module, coming soon to market)
- Improve DE, IT (thx Xillius178, robustini)
- Telemetry sensors discovery automaticaly stops when sensors slots are all used
- Better version stamping (allow vendor specific versions)
- External module now off while module selection is being done in model setup
- Trainer input lines disabled when signal is lost
- Trainer function can now replace the channels values instead of the sticks positions
- Switches are bolded in most places when TRUE
- Do not display RSSI alarms disabled message for MULTI DSM protocols
- Fix a range test issue where wrong channel bank would be sent (1-8 , 9-16)
Color LCD radios
- Firmware flash from SD manager (receiver, modules,..) in now using THEMES colors
- Add key and analogs debug screens
- Bootloader is now renamed to openTX bootloader
- Fix display issue in TOOLS when many tools are available
- Fix screenshot special function sometime not working
- Rework spectrum analyser display
- Fix an issue where x1 play track or similar functions where not working at boot
128x64 LCD radios
- Rework timer display to allow large value been more nicely displayed
- Improve channels count handling when changing R9M mode
- Fix R9MM-OTA firmware upgrade via OTA
- Fix some values missing in X7 list (Max, ..)
- Reskin X9D+ 2019 simulator (thx Ceeb182)
- Support for ACCESS authenticated module upgrade for X10/X10S
- Add PMU update capability for X10 Express
- Change X9D+ 2019 boot sequence to ensure consistent bootloader access
- MULTI 1.3 advanced support added
- FrSky script bidirectionnal support (SxR, BF,…)
- wireless Trainer capabilities (only on Jumper radio, requires both EXT and INT MULTI)
- Increase receiver number (up to 63 depending on protocol)
- Increase max protocol (up to 127)
- Add ability to disable channel mapping on some protocols
- Add ability to disable multi telemetry
- Display module firmware channel order
- Ability to setup and use new protocol in the module
- Graupner HoTT RX support with basic telemetry
- Complete rework of FlySky telemetry
- Complete rework of Hitec telemetry
- Allow flashing AVR and STM32 MULTI from SD manager (bootloader required on MULTI)
- MULTI module based spectrum analyser
- Add TRSS and TLQI to measure telemetry signal strengh to MULTI D8/D16 protocols (currently only for external, also for internal in next RC)
- Fix SBUS channel range on radio and Companion
- Simu use the Batt value of batt warning level + 0.5 volts
- Fix LS editing on cut / paste
- Improve specials functions editing (insert/deletele/move,…) (thx Elecpower)
- Improve outputs editing (insert/deletele/move,…) (thx Elecpower)
- Better handling of readonly files (thx Elecpower)
- Fix incorrectly labeled X7 extra switches
- Improve RX number handling
- Fix wrong channels count for LR12
- Fix D8 import / export
- Allow failsafe settings for MULTI
- Fix an issue not allowing emages for X9D+ 2019
- Update Japaneese translations (thx ku2works)
- Update French translations (thx LapinFou)
- Update German translations (thx SHezinger)
- Fix BOOL input corrupted in Create() function of Lua widget
- Improve virtual events
For more details, see here.
SDCard content for 2.3.3RC2
Note: 2.3.3RC2 uses 2.3v0025. New since 2.3.3RC1 (2.3v0024)
- Colorlcd Batt widget
Changes vs 2.2:
- Several units have been added
- FrSky Neuron SBEC configuration script added
- Lots of translations improvements
- Fix Horus wizard when no motor chosen
- Improve Horus Batt wideget (Thx shmuely)
- Add Horus Timer2 widget (Thx shmuely)
- Some scripts have been moved to TOOLS
- HoTT receiver configuation script
If you’re unable to run Companion 2.3. after install, try importing this registry fix to avoid companion importing settings from a previous version. Note this clears any existing Companion 2.3 settings.