Welcome to OpenTX Improving your Tx
OpenTX is open source firmware for RC radio transmitters. The firmware is highly configurable and brings much more features than found in traditional radios. The daily feedback from the thousands of users ensures the continued stability and quality of the firmware.
Read more about which radios are supported.
The team also develops the OpenTX Companion transmitter support software. OpenTX Companion is used for many different tasks like loading OpenTX firmware to the radio, backing up model settings, editing settings and running radio simulators.
OpenTX Companion is available for Windows, Apple OSX and Linux.
There are two applications available for creating and managing the soundfiles used by OpenTX.
OpenTX Speaker is used to generate voice files for OpenTX by using synthetic speech. OpenTX Recorder is used to record voice files via a microphone.
Both programs can generate sound files for all OpenTX voice languages. Every radio message, including system messages, can be changed.
OpenTX Speaker and OpenTXRecorder are available for Windows7.
The first step to upgrade your radio with the latest OpenTX version is to install OpenTX Companion on your computer.
Then you select the firmware configuration you want and let OpenTX Companion download and install it to your radio.
You find the latest OpenTX Companion versions in Downloads.
- OpenTX 2.1.3 (2015-09-09)
- OpenTX 2.1.2 (2015-09-07)
- OpenTX 2.1.1 (2015-08-06)
- OpenTX 2.1.0 (2015-07-16)
- Mac Sound generator by Austin St-Aubin (2015-06-20)
- OpenTX 2.0.17 (2015-05-04)
- M2560 DIY radio documentation, driver and bootloader (2015-04-18)
- OpenTX 2.0.15 (2015-01-13)
- OpenTX 2.0.13 (2014-11-20)
- OpenTX 2.0.12 (2014-09-16)
- OpenTX 2.0.11 (2014-09-10)
- OpenTX 2.0.8 (2014-07-24)
- Lua Reference Guide in OpenTX (2014-07-19)
- OpenTX 2.0.7 (2014-07-16)
- OpenTX 2.0.6 (2014-07-13)
- OpenTX 2.0 - Lua Telemetry Screen #2 (2014-06-30)
- OpenTX 2.0 - Lua Telemetry Screen #1 (2014-06-27)
- OpenTX 2.0.5 (2014-06-26)
- OpenTX 2.0.4 (2014-06-24)
- OpenTX 2.0.3 (2014-06-17)
- Differences Between OpenTX r2470 and 2.0 (2014-06-13)
- OpenTX 2.0.2 (2014-06-12)
- The Rise of the Taranis (2014-06-11)
- OpenTX 2.0.1 (2014-06-09)
- OpenTX 2.0 for Turnigy 9XR PRO (2014-06-04)
- OpenTX 2.0.0 (2014-06-03)
- OpenTX 2.0 - Wizard Lua script (2014-06-02)
- OpenTX 2.0 beta (2014-03-25)
- OpenTX Recorder - Voice recorder for Taranis (2014-03-21)
- OpenTX Speaker - Voice generator for Taranis (2014-03-15)
- Zadig 2.1.0 driver installer for Taranis flashing (2014-02-22)
- companion9x v1.52 (2014-01-10)
- OpenTX r2923 (2014-01-09)
- OpenTX Companion v1.51 (2013-10-30)
- OpenTX r2834 (2013-10-29)
- Modele Magazine article about Open9x (April 2013) (2013-10-08)
- OpenTX r2768 (2013-09-20)
- OpenTX r2751 (2013-09-01)
- OpenTX r2746 (2013-08-30)
- OpenTX r2688 (2013-07-28)
- OpenTX r2667 (2013-07-25)
- OpenTX r2647 (2013-07-21)
- OpenTX Companion v0.97 for OSX (2012-09-02)